Thursday 27 September 2012

Sophie Calle

 Sophie Calle is a French Photographer who began photography when she returned to France after travelling around the world for seven years. Because she had been away from French culture for so long she began following strangers around the streets of Paris, photographing their daily routine, to help her get back into the swing of things.

She found it very interesting and wanted to become more professional at it. She began following and photographing a different person every day until she came across one man who interested her. She explained...


.... "At the end of January 1981, on the streets of Paris, I followed a man whom I lost sight of a few minutes later in the crowd. That very evening, quite by chance, he was introduced to me at an Opening. During the course of our conversation, he told me he was planning an imminent trip to Venice. I decided to follow him."

No comments:

Post a Comment