Wednesday 19 September 2012

Bug Eyed.

I realised that nobody really knows how the world is seen through the eyes of others. It's not like you can take the eyes of an animal or even someone else and put them in your head and be able to see what they see. So I have decided to recreate the way I think certain animals can see the world.

I was interested in creating an image that depicted the way a fly and other insects can see an object as simple as a flower.

I started with this image....


 I then photocopied this image a few times and cut each of the pictures into small sections. I then recreated the image but layered the small sections over one and other to create a tile like effect.
I imagine that flies and other insects have many eyes, with each eye seeing the same image creating a tiled pattern like the one I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment