Wednesday 28 November 2012

Print! Print! Print!



Dry-Point Etching


The image above was made by taking one of my pieces from earlier in the year, (can be found in the "Dripping Ink Stills" post) where I placed Indian ink between two pieces of cling film and hung it vertically to let the ink drip with in the plastic film, I took this piece and blew it up on the photocopier and printed it zoomed in at 300%

I decided a dry point etching would compliment the piece. Using a piece of acetate and a screw or small pointed object I scratched the surface of the acetate. I then rubbed ink into the scratches, rubbed off the excess and printed it onto paper using a roller. 




















The first Print above I wasn't 100% happy with as I wanted to show the darker tones of the original piece which I managed to capture in the second print by not rubbing off all the ink from the surface of the acetate. 



Lino Print

The image on the right is a section of the zoomed up photocopy. I brought it to the photocopier again but this time I wanted to make a negative image of it which was achieved by altering some of the settings on the photocopier. The image on the left is the result of this alteration.




I felt that a lino print would be the most effective method to use to make a print of
 the negative image.





A Selection of Mono-Prints








No comments:

Post a Comment