Monday 12 November 2012

Forced Movement



I created the above stop motion to show how liquids, when confronted with an obstacle, try to go through it or are forced around it. I used tin foil as it was easy to shape and make obstacles that would force the glue (mixed with washing up liquid) to move. Since this was a forced movement I wanted to find natural ways where the same force of movement is applied.


I have a waterfall at my house which was constructed by my dad over 10 years ago, I used muddy water as it was easier to see the movement of it than clean water. Because water used to flow down the waterfall regularly some if the surfaces of the rocks which the water flows over are eroded in the centre and create a curved shape in the rock which I found interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment